“My Best Friend Is More Than A Friend”
We’ve dealt with many questions on AskDrO.com concerning sexuality. Oftentimes, parents don’t know how to deal with their own feelings, after a child comes out to them about their sexual orientation.
Watch as Dr. Owens examines some of the issues raised when a child comes out to their parent(s) about their sexuality.
He answers the following questions:
- Are you seeing more youths in the office coming forward with problems expressing their sexuality?
- Is depression a problem for the youth that you are seeing?
- Are there any statistics on the number of gay men and lesbian women contemplating suicide?
- What happens when LGBT youth come out to their parents?
- What would you recommend to parents who are having problems dealing with the issue?
Don’t forget to tune in to BlogTalkRadio Wednesday at 9PM, as Dr. O discusses this issue and chats live with both parents and children.