Don’t know what to get that special someone this holiday season? Well you’re not alone, there are thousands of people around the country and even our every own peach state who are scramblelimg around department stores, endlessly browsing the web and racking their brains over what to give as gifts this season.
So Dr. O is here to help! It’s impossible to please everyone, but with a few tips I beleive you can satisfy even the hardest and harshest of Christmas critics. Here are a few things I try to keep in mind during the hustle and bustle of the season.
1. ASK! If trying to think of something to surprise your recipient on Christmas morn is too much of challenge, simply ask. Bring it up in casual conversation and try not to be too obvious. You can get all the information you need by simply listening.
2. Try meeting a “need” instead of just a want. Maybe your friend who teaches 2nd grade wants a nice bracelet but needs more supplies for her classroom. She may be more grateful that you gave to the kids instead.
3. You can never go wrong with their favorite things such as favorite food, movies, store, or restaurant. It may be the safe route but at least you’ll know they’ll like it.
4. A gourmet variety gift basket is always nice and usually has an assortment of items that will come in handy. A basket containing 10-15 or more items is a good, easy gift.
5. Finally, CASH AND VISA/MASTERCARD GIFT CARDS are excepted everywhere! Although, not as personable as the other four, it’s a win, win for the giver and receiver.
Got any more holiday tips you think would be useful to my readers? Leave them in a comment below!