Cell Phone Blunders
There is nothing worse that going to see an anticipated movie or play, only to have a patron in front of you staring at the bright screen of an iphone throughout the production. Now like most people, I too, am addicted to checking and using my cell phone but there is a time and place for its use. Having 24-7 access to your cell phone does not mean you should use it 24-7.
7 Instances Guaranteed to Get You and Your Phone the “Side-Eye”:
- Social gatherings or dates
- When riding in a car with passengers
- If you are having an intimate, personal, or intense conversation on the phone
- While on vacation with someone else
- Checking the phone repeatedly
- Answering the phone while there is loud background noise
People who overuse their cell phones may be co-dependent. Co-dependents have low self-esteem and look for anything outside of themselves to make them feel better. If a person is constantly checking their Facebook, Twitter, and other social media accounts, they may have extreme need for approval and recognition.
Anytime the person accompanying you is feeling offended, your use of the cell phone may be deemed unacceptable. Not all people who inappropriately overuse their cell phones are co-dependent; some are simply plain rude.