Actor Boris Kodjoe who many of you first met in “Soul Food” the television series, is offering his opinion on being a man. Kodjoe who is happily married to Nicole Ari Parker with two children, decided to take to his Twitter account to offer his ideas.
He’s complied a pretty good list, take a look for yourself:
“- Embrace your imperfections
– Laugh at yourself. A woman likes a man who doesn’t take himself too serious.
– Fix or build something with your hands. It’ll show her that you are capable of taking care of a home.
– Know how to cook and clean. It’ll show her that you don’t need her but that you WANT her.
– Get your passport and travel. A man needs to see the world.
– Communicate without cursing. You don’t need to curse to make a point. Cursing shows lack of substance.
– In bed, take care of your woman first. When she’s satisfied you are DA MAN!!!
– Stay in shape. It’ll show her that you care about yourself and therefore are able to care about her.
– Take care of your responsibilities. Anything less is unacceptable. A boy is irresponsible, not a man.
– Open her her door and pull out her chair. It shows her that you honor traditional values. Trust me, she will do the same.
– Be present! Take her in with your eyes and ears. Your attention will make her feel loved and she won’t ever nag you.
– Read a f—ing book! (Sorry, violation of ‘no cursing’ rule) But seriously, ignorance is a major turn-off. Book on tape will do.
– Have an ambition. You don’t need to be rich but you need to show direction and motivation. Keep a job!
– Last one for today: Treat a woman the way you would want your daughter to be treated. Anything less is unacceptable.”
Always good to see positive representations of black men in the media.