Did you know?….
- The majority of incarcerated men are fathers
- Turner & Peck (2002) identified 93% of incarcerated parents who are fathers.
- Most of the incarcerated fathers are non-violent offenders
- The majority of them have short-term sentences
- Many of them have problems with literacy
- Child Support Obligations Don’t Stop during Incarceration
- Children of prisoners are five times more likely to end up in prison (Mazza, 2002).
Here is the dilemma this Father’s day…
- Will these children EVER have fathers?
- What will there futures be like with possibly no MALE role models?
- Can we hear their DISTRESS SIGNAL?
- How can we get our ARMS around this major problem?
- Is there really Justice, for a poor man, in the American Legal System?
I don’t have the answers to the above questions. Do you have a passion about this issue one way or the other? Let me hear from you on this “Hot Topic!”