As of June 30, 2006:
- The number of White people incarcerated was 400/100,000 persons compared to 2,468/100,000 persons for Black people.
- The number of White males incarcerated was 736/100,000 and Black males incarcerated was 4,789/100,000 persons .
- More specific for T.I. (a 29 year old African-American male) as of June 30, 2009 there were 1,685/100,000 persons (ages 25-29) incarcerated in the White population. However, in the Black population, there were 11,695/100,000 Black males (ages 25-29) incarcerated. This would be equivalent to 11.7% of all Black males in their late twenties.
The new female federal attorney ain’t playing…In Georgia, Black males make up 30% of the general population, but 60% of the prison population.
The speculations and rumors are really picking up. It looks like the verdict on Clifford Harris is “guilty.” Remember T.I.: you are a Black Man (even with money) and you are still guilty until proven innocent. I am concerned that this young star might be in a little more trouble than we initially expected. Here is the thing: T.I. you are on probation… I am NOT sure that you totally get this concept. At this juncture there are three possible violations that he is faced with:
- Possession of MDMA, or “Ecstasy”
- Testing positive for the use of opiates
- Hanging out with a convicted felon.
What really bothers me about this case is that I am sure T.I. just saw the near massacre of Michael Vick. This was the star quarterback of the Atlanta Falcons who was literally crucified for his association with Dog Fighting. I will not use this for Monday morning punting but the whole crucifixion process with Mr. Vick was a little crazy. It appears that America now cares more for their dogs than their people. The fact is it appears that T.I. just does not get it at all. With a successful rap career and lucrative business ventures, what does he have to lose?
- Fan Base
- and the Promise
The dynamic formulation of his behavior most likely stems from his background. However, I am sure that with his money and fame, he should be able to contract out a strong publicist (like mine, Nikki Walker of NWPR. Inc.)
At AskDrO, we believe in a strong and healthy mental balance. Most commonly, people harbor feelings of depression and anxiety, but may not know it. One way to be sure is to take the Dr. Owens Mental Health Prescreen Assessment and check your mental status. Remember, we are here for you!